Thursday, September 11, 2008

Couch to 5k

I started a new program today in an attempt to eventually train for a marathon. It's called Couch to 5k, and is basically an eight week program with the end goal of being able to run three miles (5k) in one go by the end of two months.
This is pretty ambitious for me because I HATE running. But, I want to try something new, and I really want that feeling of accomplishment upon crossing a finish line (even if I'm last!). I figured if I keep track of my progress here, it will be a great motivator for me to keep it up.
Today I did day one, which was to warm up, then do intervals of walking and jogging for 20-30 minutes. It calls for you to run 60 seconds and then walk 90 seconds, and it was not as easy as it sounds. But, I'm glad I did it and Lucy was really happy to be out running.
My next run is on Saturday. Assuming I go. :P
(There is no more, ignore click)

0 comments: