Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The nephew visits

My nephew (Scott's sister's son Gilbert) came to visit for a couple of days over spring break, so we decided to use some passes we had saved up and took the boys whale watching.

Click the thumbnails to embiggen!

Photobucket


The weather was great; we didn't end up seeing any whales, but we did see a pod of like, 500 (no exaggerating, there were that many!) dolphins. We also saw jellies, pelicans (my favorites) and sea lions. It was awesome, though Gilbert got a little bored by the end. He's 10, so I guess that's what I have to look forward to in the future on family outings! I think the boys still had a great time.

Newport:
Photobucket


"Arsty fartsy" pics by me:
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Contemplating the vastness of the ocean, or, trying not to get seasick:
Photobucket


Dolphins!
Photobucket


I took the boys to the beach that evening for a little body boarding and tide pooling.

Photobucket


Photobucket


The next day, we took them to Mitsuwa for lunch. It's this amazing Japanese grocery store that has a killer food court and specialty shops in it. It's definitely one of our favorite places, and actually a big part of why we went to Japan, since they have a cheap ass travel agency inside too.

Gilbert had never had Japanese food before, so we ordered the boys Aiden's favorite, udon, which earned rave reviews from them. One of these days I need to head there with the express purpose for writing it up on my food blog.

Here're the kidlets practicing their proper slurping:
Photobucket


Photobucket


I've got more blogging to do today, including Easter and some on my other blog, but right now I have to take Aiden to the pool and enjoy the sunshine!

0 comments: